Things my babyboomer Dad has to deal with now that he's the stepfather of a 11 year old gamer
13 April 2009
- Telling Carlos its time to quit the videogames and go to bed.
- Hearing all about Carlos’s latest interactions with other citizens in “Animal Crossing: City Folk”.
- Making sure the Wii and TV and lights are turned off when he leaves the room.
- Dealing with Carlos almost in tears shouting through the WiiSpeak microphone telling Josh (who is not in the same room, he’s at his place) that he’s a screwing him over and won’t let him out of the game: That he is stuck in the game.
- Understanding that Carlos’s friend Josh cheated by setting the time on his Wii so he could travel in the future of the [Animal Crossing: City Folk] game; when he “came back” his garden was [evidently] covered in weeds.
- Getting the details as to what was exatly agreed upon when Josh told Carlos that he would give him a golden ax and a silver staff if he helped him weed the garden.
- Refraining to ask “Um, I was outside weeding the real living garden. Why didn’t you come and help me?” when Carlos tells him it took 3 hours to weed Josh’s garden there were so many weeds.
- Getting all the details about how Josh accused Carlos of stealing the items even tough its impossible to steal anything in the game and how Josh was now blocking him from exiting the village by carrying a conversation with the exit guard (people can’t exit without passing by the guard and one can only carry one conversation at a time).
- Calling up Josh’s mom and settling the whole ordeal.
- Hearing about the latest planet in “Super Mario Galaxy”.